Sunday, November 27, 2011

Whipped TV Day 1

My first day on set was for the first day of driving school. Driving school was a try out for amateur drivers to make the cut of the show. Just like a basketball try out there are many test a contestant have to do. First thing is 2 driving test. The first is the ability to donuts in a car. Which is doing tight turns around a cone multiple times with getting the back end of the car loose. The second test is the ability to drive in a figure 8. The final test is a test of a drivers personality. Each driver has to be interviewed about their life's and their cars.

My day started at 6 am in long beach California. This was quite a drive from Pasadena. When I arrived to set, I was introduced to Greg who I would be partnered with during my internship. I helped him set up for drivers to arrive. We put together folders of each driver to make sure we had brought paper work for them. A thing I really learns about the entertainment is that it is no 9-5 job. A normal work day is 12 hours long. That is quite a wake up call from the college life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment